Teach English online
to children in China
Our one-on-one English classes mean more learning (awesome) and less distraction (also awesome). We believe geography should not impact a child’s chance to learn, and with our online platform educators can teach and children can learn from anywhere
We pride ourselves in finding educators who are knowledgeable, passionate and ready to make an impact. We provide the curriculum, and they teach English online on their own schedule.
Our innovative online platform enables an unprecedented exchange of knowledge. Fluent English-speaking teachers connect with students online around the world to provide them with a learning and cultural experience as they become global citizens (in pint-sized form).
Set Your Own Schedule
- Work when you want, where you want – with no commitment or minimum hours.
- 25-minute Classes
- You teach per class. Each class is 25-minutes of active teaching time.
Flexibles Hours and Location
There’s no minimum hour commitment. You can teach as many hours as you’d like to. Remember, you’re in the driver seat. Learn more about
Get Paid Per Class
Your earnings are based on the number of classes you teach. The more classes you teach, the more you can earn. There is no limit. Learn more about
Earn up to $17 per 40 minutes
From teaching more classes to referrals, there are lots of opportunities to earn extra. In general, with incentives, a teacher can earn the equivalent of $14-22 per hour with VIPKid.
- Your Own Schedule
Set your teaching availability in advance in the VIPKid Teach App. If you change your mind on your schedule, don’t worry, just give us a heads up
No lesson planning. Our platform allows you to focus on what you love – teaching kids.
We recommend that you have at least two years of experience in teaching, tutoring, coaching or mentoring.
You must have obtained a 4-year degree from a university. Great news is that this can be in any field or major.
Legally eligible to work in the U.S. or Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Desktop, Laptop, MacBook, iPad, or Microsoft Surface
- Windows 7, 8 and 10; Mac OS 10.X or higher operating system (Linux and Chrome OS are NOT supported by VIPKid)
- ≥ Intel i5 processor
- ≥ 8GB RAM
- Wired high-speed internet connection of ≥ 25 Mb/s
After you become a teacher with VIPKid, you would not be able to teach classes on Chromebook. You can teach on a desktop, laptop, macBook, iPad, or Microsoft Surface.
- A headset (such as Logitech H151or H150)
- A webcam (such as Logitech C270 or Logitech C310) or a high-quality built-in camera
- A backup power supply and mobile hotspot in case you experience power outages or blackouts in your area
- A backup device such as an iPad
- A camera with a resolution of at least 2 megapixels is considered high-quality and well-functioning
- A blue or clear white-based light or lightbulb that is positioned to shine a light on your face
Traveling on the go can be done with grace. Once stationary, we recommend you set up for your lesson with an educational tapestry, computer device/ tablet, portable clip-on selfie light and basic props. Most importantly, if you don’t have wifi access, make sure you have a portable hotspot